Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today's Quote

Children do live in fantasy and reality; they move back and forth very easily in a way we no longer remember how to do.
Children who fight back, children who are full of excitement are the kind of children I like.
I don't believe in children. I don't believe in childhood. I don't believe that there's a demarcation. 'Oh you mustn't tell them that. You mustn't tell them that.' You tell them anything you want. Just tell them if it's true. If it's true you tell them.
Max was a little beast, and we're all little beasts. That was what was so novel.
You cannot write for children. They're much too complicated. You can only write books that are of interest to them.
There are so many beautiful things in the world which I will have to leave when I die, but I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready.

All from Maurice Sendak, 1928 - 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment