Wednesday, April 3, 2013

From the thirteenth century German mystic Meister Eckhart:

My soul is as young as the day it was created.
Yes, and much younger!
In fact, I am younger today than I was yesterday,
and if I am not younger tomorrow than I am today,
I would be ashamed of myself.
People who dwell in God dwell in the eternal now.
There, people can never grow old.
There, everything is present and everything is new.

And from the Russian archbishop and physician Anthony Bloom:

There is absolutely no need to run after time to catch it.  It does not run away from us, it runs toward us.

I have been fascinated by the idea of kairos time vs chronos time.  God's time is timeless, non-linear, eternal.  Human's time is chronological, linear, seemingly going to run out.  

Think about it....what concept of "time" affects your living?
How does it  affect your "aging"?
Can you visualize your "young soul"?  .....and time running toward you?

No comments:

Post a Comment